Registration has just closed for the 2019 IABC Heritage Region Communication Conference. With the theme "Drive the Future," a slate of top-notch marketing and communication keynoters and breakout speakers will share their insights and interact with communication professionals in the Motor City. This year's Communication Conference takes place Sept. 22-24 at the Greektown Casino-Hotel in Detroit, Michigan.
“Our ‘Drive the Future’ conference packs the most compelling communication speakers, case studies, best practices and interactive sessions into a dynamic two-and-a-half-day program,” said Nancy Sarpolis, co-chair, 2019 Heritage Region conference. “We’re focusing on strategies communicators need to know now to be successful in the future.”
Keynote speakers announced today include:
- Aaron Foley, chief storyteller, City of Detroit – “Seeing Detroit as Detroiters See It”
- David Pitre, president, Davis & Company – “Becoming a Superstar Communicator”
- Andy Hetzel, vice president of Corporate Communications, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan – “Managing Your Brand Reputation in a Fragmented, Omnichannel Media World”
- Paula Silver, vice president of Communications, DTE Energy – “Engaging Employees and Stakeholders During Fundamental Company and Industry Transitions”
- Brad Heureux, Founder and CEO, Zing Media Group -- "Consumers in Control: The New Reality for Marketing and Communications"
Additional speakers include:
And that's just a start! For the full list of 30+ conference speakers on topics from marketing and social media to employee communication, public relations, crisis communication and more, visit the conference website. The official hashtag for the conference is #IABCHeritage19.
- "Communications Under Pressure; Are You Ready for the Next Crisis?," an interactive role playing session using real-life scenarios with Andrew Gilman, President & CEO, CommCore Consulting Group
- "Think Like Ink: Using Visual Notetaking to Engage Your Audience" with Ink Factory Co-Founders Dusty Folwarczny and Lindsay Wilson
- "Advancing Inclusion and Diversity in Today's Workplace" with Rebecca Duff-Campbell, senior director of Talent & Rewards, Willis Towers Watson, and Karolyn Karl, director of Talent & Rewards, Willis Towers Watson
- "Where Does Podcasting Fit In Your Media Mix?" with Tracy Imm, founder & CEO, Tracy Imm Worldwide LLC
- "Ensuring that Transformation Isn't A Crisis" with Courtney Boone, vice president of Global Communications, Westinghouse Electric Company
The Heritage Region conference draws nearly 200 communicators annually from throughout the Northeastern, Midwestern and Mid-Atlantic United States, as well as Canada.
“Whether you are a senior communicator or new to the industry, you’ll learn value-added skills from national and regional professional communication leaders on a wide range of topics, including employee communication, skills development, strategy, and the latest in technology,” said Debra Salem, co-chair, 2019 Heritage Region conference.
Conference participants will:
- Learn from the best and improve communication knowledge and skills during nearly 30 professional development sessions, including keynote, breakout and extended sessions
- Celebrate successes at the Silver Quill Awards luncheon
- Make new friends and expand networks to include colleagues in the Heritage Region’s 17 states
- Savor the sights, sounds, and tastes of the nation’s top rising urban hot spot, at the popular Dine-Around event
- Enjoy a first-rate conference at the AAA Four Diamond Greektown Casino Hotel in the heart of the Greektown district
- Save money, by paying just a fraction of the cost of other top conferences
The AAA Four Diamond Greektown Casino-Hotel is situated in the heart of the bustling Greektown District and within walking distance of great restaurants, nightlife, sports arenas and live entertainment. Detroit was named one of the “10 Coolest U.S. Cities to Visit in 2018” by Forbes magazine.
IABC Detroit and the Heritage Region thank the following sponsors: Davis & Company, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Toyota, DTE Energy, Internal Comms Pro, Cerkl, Franco, Barton Malow, Oakland Community College, Dragonfly Editorial, Business Wire, Willis Towers Watson, Eastern Michigan University, Michigan State University, Igloo Software, Ink Factory, Linx Consulting, LLC, and The Somerset Collection.