2017 Call for Entries – Now Open!
Extended Deadline, Sunday, July 9, 2017
The IABC Heritage Region's Silver Quill Program recognizes excellence in business communications in multiple and varied disciplines. Silver Quill Awards are presented to outstanding professionals in our region who have proven that their communication programs effectively furthered the goals of their organizations—boosting revenues, reducing cost and motivating audiences to a desired action.
Call for Entries
Download the Call for Entries interactive PDF to learn more about the 4 divisions and 28 categories.
- Summer deadline, comprehensive evaluations and prompt winner's notification—all timed so entrants receive the judging critique in time to prepare entries for the annual Gold Quill program.
- All entries receive electronic, detailed evaluations based upon consistent quality standards.
- Winners of the Silver Quill Awards Program will be honored at the Fall Heritage Region Conference each year.
- Extended Deadline: Sunday July 9, 2017, to allow more time to enter and craft your expert work plan.
- Early Bird pricing through Sunday, June 25 to save money.
Eligible projects for the 2017 program must be implemented, published or broadcast between January 1, 2016, and the date of entry. Alternately, if a program began and 2015 and measurement/evaluation extended into 2016 or 2017—and the project was not part of a winning entry in the 2016 Silver Quill Awards—you may enter it in the 2017 program.
The program is open to members and non-members of IABC. The program is open to members and non-members of IABC. You do not need to enter your local chapter's awards program first, but, depending on the timing, it is often helpful if you do as you will learn tips to improve your entry
if you are not within the geographic region for IABC Heritage Region (Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and West Virginia), you are welcome to enter our program, but you may prefer to enter the awards program for your region. Please contact Ed Kamrin, Pacific Plains Region at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Francis, Southern Region at email@example.com for information on those programs.
What Do I Need to Know About Entering?
- For full details, divisions and categories, refer to our Call for Entries document.
- When you are ready to upload your work samples and work plan, use the award entry platform. After you create your account, remember to select "Heritage Region": https://iabc.awardsplatform.com.
Award recipients will be honored at a reception during the IABC Heritage Region Conference, November 5-7, in Pittsburgh, Penn.
Join Our Silver Quill Committee for 2017
Would you like to volunteer with IABC at the Region Level? Our Silver Quill Committee will provide you with tremendous opportunities to connect with communicators across the region. Whether you are a strategist, proofreader, or exceptional organizer, we have plenty of ways to get you involved. Send an email to Alexandra Hichel, Silver Quill chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would You Like to Learn from the Best Communicators?
Become a volunteer evaluator for awards program entries. This opportunity is open to IABC members only. IABC Heritage Region is working with awards chairs from other regions to create a pool of evaluators to reciprocally judge regional entries. To learn more about this initiative, click here