You must upload your entry and pay the entry fee before end of day (11:59 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time) by any of the deadlines. Full payment must be received for all entries you submit before the deadline to be eligible for evaluation.
If you are a consultant and your work was done for a client, you must include client permission for your entry. View a sample authorization letter.
Your entry has two key elements: the work plan and the work sample.
THE WORK PLAN - uploaded as a PDF file
The work plan is an executive summary of your communication strategy. Edit your plan to ensure that it is clear and concise. Bullets, tables and lists might help you save space.
The work plan is limited to four pages using a font size no smaller than 10 point and margins no less than 0.5 inches (1.27 cm). Entrants are encouraged to use this template
and save it to pdf before submitting.
If you are entering the same program or elements of the program in multiple categories, be sure to tailor your work plan so it fits each category. It should:
• Describe the context for your program or project
• Clearly state the communication challenge or opportunity
• Provide an analysis of your target audiences
• Demonstrate high-level goals and measurable objectives stated as outputs or outcomes
• Provide insight into your strategic approach
• Highlight your budget
• Provide an abbreviated tactical execution plan
• Discuss any challenges that you faced during planning and execution
• Demonstrate collaboration with stakeholders, if appropriate
• Provide measurable, meaningful results that are aligned with your stated measurable objectives and audience and business needs
• Ensure your work plan references your work sample and also assists the evaluators to navigate through your entry and find the examples that best illustrate your work
THE WORK SAMPLE
The work sample is the supporting material that illustrates how you planned and implemented your communication program. Your work sample should represent the full scope of your work—evaluators are looking for actual, real examples of the work you did. However, bear in mind that evaluators have limited time to review your submission. A well-organized work sample that demonstrates the very best of your efforts will score higher than an overwhelming number of items that evaluators can’t sort through.
Organize and condense your work sample to showcase a representative overview of your project. Pick examples that best support your work plan and represent your strategy. Be creative in demonstrating how the elements of your work sample are aligned with the business needs and audience preferences.
Material may be uploaded as follows:
• A maximum of five files can be uploaded with your entry. If you have more than five samples, consider combining them into larger documents.
• Work samples may be in the following formats: .pdf, .png, .jpg, .gif, .tif, .mp3, .mp4, .wmv, .m4v or .mov, and must not be larger than 2 GB in size.
• Provide website URLs to the publicly accessible campaign or active URL of a landing page. Please ensure any applicable usernames and passwords are provided and active.
• Please do not upload any further written material as the judges will not consider these. The written component of your entry should be fully explained within the work plan (for Divisions 1, 2 and 3) or the entry form responses (for Division 4).